Sunday, December 30, 2012

What's been going on

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've just been... I don't know... trying to enjoy my freedom I guess.

Anyway, after beating my dad, I went back to the Board. I still had most of my stuff there, and I wanted information. Luckily for me, The Ace Of Clubs was waiting for me. He had his mask off.

"I thought you were supposed to keep that thing on," I said.
"Now that the Game Master's gone, there's really no point," he said.
"So what are you guys gonna do now?" I asked.
"Hopefully, we'll be able to elect a suitable replacement soon," he said. "However, with the Jokers gone, it could take a while."
"What do you mean, gone?" I asked.
"They've both left us," he said. "The Game Master stated that, should he die, the Black Joker would be next in line, and if he was unable to, the Red Joker would."
"And if neither of them could?" I asked.
"In that event, we are supposed to elect one of the Emissaries," he said. "You and Wildfire are all that's left, and no one knows where she is. That leaves you."
"Not interested," I said, shoving my way past.
"Are you sure?" he asked. "We need a leader, and you're the most qualified."
"Why don't one of you Aces fill in for him?" I asked. "I don't wanna take his place. In my opinion  the world would be better off if there was no Game Master."
"You don't fully understand this," he said.
"I don't care," I said, walking away.

I got to my room to retrieve my things. There was an envelope sitting on my pillow. It contained 5000 dollars and a couple cards. Convocation Nest- The Crow and Ren, The Thorned Prince. I'm pretty sure the Jokers left it there.

I'm back in the normal world now. I'm renting a room in LA right now, and trying to find a job. I think the Devil Killer was telling the truth when he said he cleared my record.

Anyway... uh... guess that's about it.

1 comment:

  1. Personally I would've never given up on an offer like that, but whatever makes you happy.
    Then again, you don't have a reason to want it in the first place. Actually considering you're background it seems reasonable.
    Good luck Kallaway!

    ReplyDelete