Thursday, June 20, 2013

Rictor

I arrived at the cafe a bit early. I figured whoever this was would recognize me and approach me. So, I waited, and sure enough, this girl sat across from me a few minutes later.

“Hello, Kallaway!” she said.
“And you are?” I asked.
“Cecilia Zeak,”she said.” think you and I might be able to help each other.”
“And what information do you have that could help me?” I asked.
“You're looking for Gordon Tayler, aren't you?” she asked.
“I know where he is, I just don't know how to get there,” I said.
“I bet his lackeys do,”she said. “And I just so happen to know where one of them is!”
“Where!?” I demanded. This was exactly the lead I needed.
“Not so fast!” she said. “Before I tell you where he is, you tell me where she is.”

She handed me a photo of a girl I've never seen before.

“And how would I know where she is?” I asked.
“You're a Scion, aren't you?” she asked.
“I suppose so,” I said.
“Then you should have like, super eyes or something,”she said. “This girl is somewhere in this city, so those eyes of yours should be able to locate her.”
“Fine,” I sighed. “I'll give it a shot, but don't expect any results.”

I don't use the Vision's eyes very much. I honestly don't like to. I'm not used to being able to see ten times as far as other people, or being able to see through walls. But I used them anyway, and scanned the city. I tried focusing on every face I could, looking for one that matched the picture. I found some close matches, but no one identical. Until I noticed some one running through an alley. She was acting pretty panicked, glancing over her shoulders. She eventually calmed down, seeming to realize that whatever was chasing her was gone now. I got a look at her face, and sure enough, it was exactly who I was looking for.

“Found her,” I said. “Not far off, either. But before I tell you where she is, where is Gordon's little friend.”
“His name is Rictor,” she said. “Former servant of the Glitch, wheres a black mask with a scar shaped mark over the left eye. He and one of Gordon's other mooks are based in a warehouse a few miles away. Here's the address.”

She gave me a card with an address on it. I gave her the location of the other girl in exchange and left.



Okay, Rictor. Looks like you're the one who's gonna help me get to the Board.

No comments:

Post a Comment