Monday, October 22, 2012

Wrong Side Of The Law

I learned last night about what happened to Blair. I saw the posts. I was shocked. Blair didn't deserve that.

I should have tried to suppress it. I was stupid to let my anger get out of hand like that. I should have stopped when I heard the Brute's voice in my head. I let my rage consume my heart, and I blacked out.

When I regained my mind, I was in the middle of a crowded street. But it wasn't crowded with people. Not living people, anyway.


Bodies. Everywhere. slaughtered, chopped up, bloody. And I knew as soon as I looked down at my blood soaked sword who had down it.

I was almost immediately surrounded by police. They had their guns all trained on me, and I heard one of them say into a megaphone "David Kallaway! Put down the weapon and put your hands on your head!"

Shit. They knew who I was. I had to try and make a break for it. I looked around me. There was an alleyway a few yards away I could run down, but there was no way I could get there before they pulled their triggers.

I only had one escape route. One I wanted to avoid using. I took a deep breath and entered the Path Of Black Leaves. In hindsight, I might have been better off with the cops.

When I entered the Path, He was there. He attacked. His tentacles lashed themselves around my throat, and he threw me into the trees. I gripped my sword and rushed at him. Another tentacle whipped me across the chest and sent me flying again. I got up and started running. I made it a little while before he cut me off and whipped me with several tentacles. I was knocked to the ground, and my sword slid away from me. Another of his tentacle shot down and stabbed straight through my left wrist, breaking my watch and pinning me there.

Now, before I continue, there's something I wanna bring up real quick. You see, the Path Of Black Leaves is connected to the normal world, but distance works differently than normal. A few feet in the Path equals a couple dozen feet in the normal world. Something like that, I don't know exactly. Proxies sometimes use the path to get out of tight spots in the normal world, but it works both ways. I was stuck in that dangerous situation, and it suddenly occurred to me that I could use the human world to escape.

I vanished from the Path. I was suddenly in the middle of a closed library. I got up and ran to end of the aisle. I passed back into the Path briefly and picked up my sword, before returning to the library. I broke the door down and started running.

Police were still looking for me. I had some trouble getting back to the hotel to retrieve my laptop. When I started to leave with it, I saw him again. I turned and ran out the back. I kept seeing him him as I ran through the city. I stuck to the alleyways. I had been running for a while when Jack appeared.

"Hello, David," he said. "Are you having fun?"
"What are you doing here?" I demanded.
"I've come to see this new event unfold," he said. "I honestly wasn't expecting you to gain the Brute's power, and seeing the trouble it's causing you is quite amusing."
"I'm leaving," I said, turning around.

He was standing right there. Stuck between Slender Man and the Jack of All. Not the place you want to be, especially when both of them want you dead. Slender Man sprouted his tentacles. Jack summoned this glowing blade made of energy. I was screwed. Then my sword started glowing with that weird light. I knew what to do. I slashed through the air and entered the Streams Of Destiny.

I'm in the next town over right now, but I doubt it'll be long before the police spread there search here. I'll have to keep moving, or else I'll be in huge trouble. Because if I'm locked up, I'll be vulnerable.

If any of the other Emissaries are reading this, I need help. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment