Sunday, November 4, 2012

Kind Of Complicated

I was somewhere in West Canada when she attacked me. A woman made of fire. It was the Burning Bride. I've only ever heard rumors of her, and meeting her in person was a lot scarier than I could have imagined. And to make it worse, she was accompanied by Nightlanders.

I lost consciousness at some point. While I was out, I had another dream. It was about the Ace Of Chaos, but this time I wasn't seeing through his eyes. I was looking at him as if I were a bystander. He a little under six feet, and wore a full face mask with a single eye hole. I guess he got more than just a scar from his fight with the Ace Of Spades. He was walking through the desert with one of the Scions.

"Where are we going exactly?" the Ace Of Chaos asked.
"We're going to the second layer," the Scion said.
"The hell is that, Dyson?" he asked.
"It's the place where you will gain a new power," Dyson said.
"What power?" the Ace asked.

Dyson turned and raised his hand. Flames appeared from no where and began to circle around it.

"This power," he said.
"Whoa," the Ace Of Chaos said, whistling. "Neat."
"I should warn you, though," Dyson said. "This power threatens the sanity of those who use it. Even I have trouble keeping myself composed. There are few people who can handle it."
"And you think I have what it takes?" the Ace Of Chaos said.
"My mistress saw something in you," he said. "Something I would be blind not to see as well. I believe you have the persistence necessary to wield this weapon. Now, are you ready to proceed to the next layer?"
"If it will bring me closer to revenge, then yes," the Ace Of Chaos said.
"Very well," Dyson said. "We're almost there."

And then the dream ended. i was in the middle of a vast, grassy field. It seemed kind of peaceful. That is, until I noticed the river. It was pure blood. I had to bend over the river to be sure. When I looked up again, there was a giant elephant made of wood watching me from the other side.

"Where the hell am I?" I asked, even though I was seemingly alone.
"You're in your subconscious," A voice said. I turned around and saw the Devil Killer standing there.
"You!" I said. "Explain this! What the hell is going on!?"
"Well, you lost your fight with the Bride and passed out," he said. "Now you're here, inside your own mind."
"Okay, then I have a few questions," I said.
"Shoot," he said.
"First, why was she after me?" I asked.
"Well, that one should be easy," he said. "It's because of that."

He pointed up to the sky, and as I turned my head up, I saw a massive red orb, filled with swirling clouds of smoke and wrapped in chains.

"Is that what I think it is?" I asked.
"That's the shard of the Brute sealed inside you," he said. "The Burning Bride seeks to resurrect it, and the Nightlanders are aiding her, as they mean to use it's power in their grand scheme."
"Grand scheme?" I asked.
"They want to recreate the plagues of Egypt," he said.
"Okay, moving on," I said. 'If this is my subconscious, why are you here?"
He laughed. "I possess the ability to absorb the powers of Fears when in their presence," he said. "I can never become as powerful as they are, but I've spent enough time around the Reverie to learn his tricks."
"You can control dreams?" I asked.
"That's one of my abilities," he said. "I pulled you away from those Fears, then entered your mind so that I could explain this all to you."
"Okay, last question," I said. "And I want you to answer it truthfully, and entirely."
"I have a feeling I know where this is going," he said. "Go on then."
"Who are you?" I asked. "Really."
"Do you remember when I asked you to intercept the hallowfication of that man?" he asked. "There was a boy there about your age, with shoulder length brown hair and a vest."
"Yeah, I remember him," I said. Then it hit me. "You... you're him!"
"Sort of," he said. "I'm him, from fifteen years into the future."
"You're a time traveler?" I asked.
"Not really," he said. "It's complicated. My name is Daniel Ferris, and I've come here to prevent your old boss from destroying the world."
"Slender Man... destroys the world?" I asked.
"In my future, yes," he said. "All the Fears played their hands in the apocalypse, but he was the worst of them. My friends, family, rivals... they were all killed by him. I despise him more than any of the other Fears. I came here to try and set destiny on the right path."


Then he was gone. I woke up sometime after that. I war house, in an unfamiliar bed. I think I saw Daniel standing on top of a street light and watching me from the window, but he was gone before I had time to double take. My bag with my lap top in it was lying next to my bed. I started typing this up. Now... I guess I'll try to figure out where the hell I am. I'll update later.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just hate passing out and then waking up in some unknown place?
    I know I do.

    ReplyDelete