Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Captive

They had already caught the guy by the time we made it back to the Board.

He was this really pale guy, with dark hair and a jacket. He was locked in a cell in the Game Master's dungeon, next to a heavily locked door labeled "The Ace Of Chaos" (I'm tempted to ask who's inside there). He didn't say anything, until Wildfire and I were sent to bring him a prison meal.

"Hello, David," he said. "And you too, Valerie."
"How do you know my name?" She demanded.
"Mine too," I said. "I don't recall introducing myself."
"I know you both pretty well," he said. "A former servant of the Slender Man, who was Enhanced so that he could avenge his girlfriend, who was killed by a Nest under the code name Crow. You dueled against Gordon Tayler, won, and destroyed a set of cards containing fragments of the Brute and Vision. Who lost your life in the semi-final round of the Game Master's tournament, but were resurrected. I could tell you more, but I don't wanna reveal too much. And you," he turned his attention to Wildfire. "You were contacted by the Game Master when you were six. However, your body didn't accept your new abilities, and you changed. Your parents died your hair and made you wear colored contacts to hide your defects. Eventually, got sick of having to hide it, and you ran away. You became an outcast, but were given a new life by the Game Master."
"How do you know all that!?" she demanded.
"You told me," he said.
"What are you-" she started to say, but he interrupted.
"Never mind," he said. "Listen, David. I need to get out of here. You guys are wasting my valuable time by keeping me locked up here. I need to do something important."
"Oh yeah?" I asked. "And what would that be?"
He grinned. "Slender Man' about to make a new Hallowed, and I plan to stop him," he said.
Damn, he really does know me. He knew saying that would get my attention.
"You think that matters to us?" Wildfire asked.
"I'm not stupid," I said to him. "I'm not gonna help you escape so that you can mess with my old master's plans."
"Exactly," Wildfire said.
"That's why I'm gonna do it myself," I said.
"Wait, what?" Wildfire asked.
"I don't like Slender Man," I said. "So if I have a chance to stop him from getting a new servant, I might as well take it."
"You can't be serious," she said.
"What, am I on duty?" I asked. "Tell our Master that I'm taking some time off. I don't care what he has to say about it." I turned to the prisoner. "Where is this going to happen?"
"There's a place is Las Angeles called the Black Garden Of S," he said. "If you talk to the local gang members, they should be able to point you in the right direction. It's gonna go down Thursday night, at 8."
"Who are you, anyway?" I asked.
He smiled. "I'm the Devil Killer."

1 comment:

  1. I think this world of yours Kallaway, needs more demi-gods. Have you ever thought of just using Slenderman to spew out a lot of demi-gods?
    All kidding aside you seem to be dealing with stuff.
    I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete