Thursday, September 20, 2012

Crow

After the pale guy gave that cryptic title, I used my watch to escape. It was given to me shortly after I became an Emissary. It prevents my power from being suppressed when I enter the Board, and allows me to pass freely between the Board and human world.

I made it to L.A, where I bumped into Wildfire again. She told the Game Master what I was doing, and then came to assist me.

We had been searching for the all of five minutes before he showed his face. I recognized him immediately and attacked. He drew a short sword and guarded himself.

"Nice to see you too, Kallaway," he said.
"Shut up!" I demanded.
"Oh, are you still sore about that chick?" he asked.

I tried to take off his head but he was too quick. He zapped me and I went down. He stomped down on my solar plexus, winding me. Wildfire charged at him, but he released a flock of birds from his mouth, and they grabbed her by the limbs and lifted her into the air.

"The funny thing about us death dealers," he said, still pinning me to the ground. "We kill people whenever we feel that it's justified, but in the end we deserve death more than anybody else. Your girlfriend was no different."
"Shut up about her!" I shouted up at him.
"Hmph, whatever," he said.

The air was suddenly full of birds, appearing from seemingly no where. They flew everywhere, spreading out across the entire city. Not enough to create chaos, but enough so that they were noticeable. And there was one place where they grouped together thicker than any where else in the city.

"You've been looking for the Black Garden Of S," he said. "And it looks like they've found it." He lifted his foot from, my gut and began walking toward a portal into the Bleak Shore. "Have fun there," he said.

I jumped up and charged at him one more time. He lashed out with his whip, which wrapped around my arm and began pumping my body full of electricity. I've been tazered before, but the Convocation's lightning is a completely different experience. I tried fighting it this time, but it was no use. I collapsed.

As he made to leave again, I tilted my head up and asked him. "Why!?" i demanded. "Why are you showing us the way?"
He looked down at me, and all I saw in his eyes was hatred. "Because I'm hoping you get yourselves killed," he said. "I'll have two less Emissaries to worry about, and I won't have to dirty my own hands."

Then he left us there. The birds are still watching us. I know where the Black Garden is. I'm gonna get some rest for now, and when 7 p.m. rolls around, I'll be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment