Wednesday, September 26, 2012

So Kallaway, How Did The Mission To Steal From The Archive Go?

Sort of good, sort of bad. On the plus side, we not only got the knife, but I also got my hands on a couple of the Blind Man's books from the Catacombs. On the downside, We're all suffering from injuries, Damien has to re-learn everyone's names, and I think I might be possessed.

So here's what happened. We broke into the Archive base, charged through several Archivists, broke into the vault, grabbed the knife, and started to run for it. Of course, by then, we had attracted attention from the Martyrs. There was one buff guy there with a huge two handed sword who can cut speeding bullets in half, and who Damien seemed to recognize. Anyway, there was this weird door that appeared, and looking for an escape route, we decided to stupidly open it.

Bad move. It led to the Catacombs. And there were the spiders. Big, skeletal spiders. I drew my sword, Damien summoned his swords, and Wildfire drew her gun. We started cutting a path through them, looking for an exit. Things got messy. We ended up knocking over some books. I was drawn to 2 of them. I can't tell you why. I grabbed them, and continued fighting.

Then the spiders dispersed, and He was there. The Blind Man himself. Something came over Damien, some kind of sadistic joy. He charged at the Blind Man. I turned and saw that we were surrounded. Then I heard a voice in my head saying "It's time to escape". It was a woman's voice, but I couldn't place who it belonged to. My sword suddenly started glowing with this blue light. I followed my instincts and raised the sword above my head, then brought it down. It cut through the barrier between worlds, and opened a rift into a new one. It was full of glittering sand, colorful streams, and color changing skies. I recognized it as the domain Malkator used to infiltrate the tournament.

I threw the books through it and me and Wildfire jumped to the other side. I called to Damien, but he said to go on without us. I didn't want to, but he was too caught up in his fight with the Blind Man, and the spiders were closing in on the portal, so I closed it. We walked through the world a bit before I opened another portal and returned us to the normal world. It's an interesting place. I wanted to touch the water, but I decided it would be a bad idea.

We made it back to the hotel, and Damien showed up a few hours later. He recognized us, but he couldn't recall what we were called. The Blind Man had removed all the names from his memory. Other than that, he says his memories are all intact.

Also, I've glanced through those books I stole. They're records of 2 Fears; The Brute and the Vision. The Vision's eyes can see destiny, and can see through any known substance. The Brute goes by many other names. One of which I've heard.

Ferratus. His fetters freshly forged. The words I heard that night when I tried to screw over Slender Man. That same night, I was able to see through the walls.

I'm suddenly reminded of my duel with Gordon. When I won, I obtained the Brute's card, along with the Vision's card I had taken from Saylo's body before. They both contained fragments of those Fears. I burned those cards, and according to a comment Dewitt left on my blog, I had freed those fragments.

I think he may have been right. When I burnt those cards, the fragments sealed within them passed over into my body. I have 2 Fears living inside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment