Sunday, September 23, 2012

Damien's Story

Damien took us to the Archive base town via his own personal Domain, Bloody Hell. We ran into problems, mainly the fact that the monsters living there don't agree that he owns the place.

While we were traveling, I decided to ask some questions.

"What's your story anyway?" I asked.
"'Excuse me?" Damien replied.
"How did you become an Emissary?" I asked. "And what happened between you and the Archive?"
"You really wanna know?" he chuckled. "Fine, I'll tell you. It started when I was a kid. I had a seemingly normal family. A dad, a mom, a sister. We lived in England, in a small forested town. We were normal people... on the outside."
"What do you mean by that?" I asked.
"My father had a secret," Damien said. "He was a devil worshiper. I walked in on him trying to perform a ritual in a secret room in our basement. Ever since then, I would sneak down there once a week to investigate. I found all sorts of books on satanic lore. Legends of Lucifer, Asmodeus, Belial, Belphegor. I knew it was wrong, but it was just so fascinating. One day, I entered the chamber and found a man there. He was tall, tan looking, and wore torn clothing. He told me I had the potential to become just as powerful, if not more-so, than the demons I read about. He then shook my hand and vanished."
"I see," I replied. That must have been the Game Master in a human form.
"Some time after that, we found a boy in the forest, completely unconscious," he continued. "He was suffering sever migraines when he came to. We nursed him back to health, and he practically became part of the family. His name was Benjamin Malkator."
I almost tripped over my feet when he said that. Malkator. The same guy who helped my out during the Tournament finals.
"Something we didn't know was that the Fears were hunting him," Damien said. "The Archangel attacked us one day in the park, and we ran. Then a Dying Man piece calling itself HELLFIRE passed into the Malkator. He turned on us and killed our sister. I could never forgive that."
"But it was HELLFIRE who was controlling him, right?"
"No," Damien said. "HELLFIRE doesn't take full control of his host. Not at first, anyway. He takes the darkest aspects of a person and makes them darker. Malkator hated my sister, and HELLFIRE made that hatred stronger. Malkator was the one who killed her. HELLFIRE was just the catalyst."
"So that's why you were so eager to go after him during the Tournament?" I asked.
"Yes," he said. "I tried to kill him then and there, after HELLFIRE left, but the Blind Man got between us. He took our memories and brought us into the Archive. I was a Martyr, he was a Collector. We didn't know each other. We hardly ever crossed paths. Then one day he decided to become a Martyr too. And he was good. He even managed to out match me. He became Epsilon, while I was just Iota. We became rivals, always trying to one up each other. Then he came back. The same man I had met as a child."
"The Game Master?" I asked.
"I didn't know it then, but yes," Damien said. "He told me about my power. The ability to control my atoms at will. Then he gave me this."
Without warning, a book came whizzing through the air and into his hand.
"These are my memories," he said. "They're a part of me, so I can control like the rest of my body. As soon as I opened it, I remembered my life before the Archive. I remembered what Malkator had done to me. I knew I had to get stronger than him, so I made a reckless decision and signed up for an experiment. An experiment involving this."
He showed me the picture of the knife we were going to steal.
"It was infused with eldritch energy taken from this very domain," he explained. "They stabbed me with it, and that power flowed into my body. I lost control of my power, and it extended past my body and merged me with the metal chair I was strapped to. Then, my body dissolved and was warped here, the home of the energy they fused me with. I was able to reconfigure my body. I even made a few adjustments. Anyway, I tried fighting Malkator, lost, and some time after that the Game Master came back and brought me to the Board. I've been training ever since in order to become stronger. And this knife is just what I need to overpower Malkator."
"Are we there yet?" Wildfire asked impatiently.
"Yeah yeah, don't get your knockers in a twist," Damien sighed.

Anyway, we're staying in a hotel tonight, and we're gonna do the heist tomorrow. I'm not really sure if this qualifies as a heist, but I've always wanted to be part of a heist, so I'm just gonna pretend that it does. Whatever, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment