Friday, September 21, 2012

Failure + A New Assignment

We went to the building the birds had accumulated around. I charged in before Wildfire. There was something strange going on with my eyes. The walls were transparent. I could see everything that waited behind each door. I ran up the stairs to the second floor, intending to take the proxies by surprise. They were all right bellow me, with 4 hostages. Malkator was one of them. He managed to release himself and the others by sprouting wings and blades from his arms. I had no idea he could do that.

I stomped on the floor and it gave way. I fell to the ground bellow and joined the fight. The other hostages escaped while me and Malkator fought. Wildfire joined us. Then I felt it. Slender Man was there. In the building. I ran to him. I saw him on the other side of the walls, and I charged. He had changed one of the hostages into a Hallowed, and was about to kill the others. I charged at him with my sword ready. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the pale guy who we had imprisoned appear. He grabbed one of the hostages by the shoulder and vanished. I was shocked to see that he had escaped.

Slender Man took advantage of my surprise and whipped me with a tentacle. I got back up and attacked him again, but got hit again. I heard a crash and realized that the Convocation had burst in through the windows and were charging straight at me.

Before they made it to me, I was somewhere else. It was a black world, full of smoke so thick I could hardly breath. I couldn't see the ground at all. And the chains. They were everywhere, binding me in place. I heard a voice in the darkness. I couldn't make out what it was saying at first, but I slowly realized that it was repeating something, like some kind of weird chant.

Ferratus, his fetters freshly forged. Break through the chains and unleash the beast within.

I struggled with the chains, and managed to break through them. I was back in the building, but I felt different. Stronger. I swung my sword, slaying a large number of birds with a single slash. I charged at Slender Man, but I wasn't the only one The pale man had reappeared, and he was attacking as well.

It wasn't long before Slender Man vanished and the birds left the building. I then turned to the pale guy.

"How did you escape?" I demanded.
"Wasn't hard," he said. "The Game Master needs to work on his security."
I heard some one approaching from behind me. I turned and saw Wildfire carrying the Bloody Biker. I was then hit hard in the back of the head and knocked out.

Woke up a bit ago in a hotel room, with Wildfire standing over me and telling me that I'm a reckless idiot.

"Don't be too hard on him," the Biker said. "What's the point of having impulses if you never act on them."
"Oh, don't even get me started on you!" she hissed angrily.
"Are we forgetting who the higher up is?" he said. "I've been placed in charge of our latest mission, in case you've forgotten."
"A new mission?" I asked. "Already?"
"Yeah," he said. "You get to screw with your old master, and now we're gonna screw with mine."
"What are you talking about?" I asked.
"We're going to steal something from the Archive," he said delightedly.
"What are we stealing?" I asked nervously.
"This," he said, showing me a drawing. It was a knife with a red aura around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment