Monday, September 10, 2012

This Isn't Right

I should be dead. I remember. My heart gave out when I tried attacking the Game Master. And now I'm sitting in bed, healthier then I've been in weeks.

A lady was standing over me. I could tell by her mask that she was the Ace of Hearts.

"What's going on?" I asked.
"You've been revived by our Master to become an Emissary," she said.
"A what?" I asked.
"You serve him," she said. "You be-"
"You'll be sent to fulfill missions in the outside world on his behalf," some one interrupted. I looked. It was a man, taller than me, with short black hair and a button up black shirt.
"Where is your mask, Giron?" the Ace of Hearts asked him.
"I can't be expected to keep that thing on all the time," he replied.
"I suggest you put it back on," said another person. It was the Ace of Spades. "We're allowed to remove the masks in our leisure time. We're doing business right now."
"Well, if you insist, Al," the man said in an annoyed manner. He reached for a mask sitting on the table next to him and placed it on his face. The Ace of Clubs.
"Where is Kylia?" The Ace of Hearts asked. "We can't bring him to meet the others until she gets here."
"Let her take her time," the Ace of Clubs said. "It can't be easy keeping the Diamonds organized. Especially after the tournament. The Board took so much damage, half the buildings aren't even recognizable."
"I'm going to try contacting her," The Ace of Hearts said.
"Don't bother, Day," said a woman entering the room. She was wearing the Ace of Diamonds mask. She plopped down on a chair, removed her mask, and began fanning herself with it. "Oh, man, I am beat! Can we all agree that we're overworked?"
"Now's not the time," The Ace of Spades said. "We still have something important to do."
"Oh yeah, right," she replied. "Hey... weird... Enhanced... thing... update your thingy so we can go meet the other Emissaries."
"There's others?" I asked.
"Yeah," she said. "We have the Bloody Biker, the Pied Piper, the Phantasm, the Leopard, and the Wildfire. We also had the Vampire, but someone went and turned her against us."
"Please don't go there right now, Kylia," the Ace of Hearts said.
"I'm just saying, that Estren kid is being a serious pain in the-" The Ace of Diamonds started, but before she could finish, the Ace of Spades had his sword to her throat.
"Don't that way about my brother!" he hissed.
"What's wrong, Alphonse?" she asked. "Did I touch a nerve?"
"Alright, shut up all of you!" The Ace of Clubs said. You all get out and give the new guy some space. He just died twice in case you've forgotten!" They all left, except for the Ace of Clubs. "You know, sometimes I can't stand those guys," he said. "They're always bickering with each other and it really grinds my gears. Anyway, go ahead and take care of your blog, then come outside when you're ready."

Then he left. So, if I've got this right, The Ace of Spades is Alphonse, the Ace of Diamonds is Kylia, the Ace of Hearts is Day, and the Ace of Clubs is Giron. I have my laptop with me, and my sword is leaning against the wall.


I don't like this. I wanted freedom, and instead I just got turned into a different servant. God Damn it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment