Friday, August 31, 2012

All Out Battle Of The Fears (with card games)


I hid away and started doing some research on the game. I spent several hours studying the rules carefully, but I didn't learn much, and I didn't have time to.

It wasn't long before I bumped into him.

“Gordon,” I said to him.
“Who are you?” he demanded.
“My name is David Kallaway,” I said to him. “I'm here to challenge you.”
He laughed. “If you think you have what it takes, go on then!” he said.

We stood across from each other and drew our starting hands.

“I'll go first,” he declared. “I summon Axe Dragonute in attack position.”
A humanoid dragon creature wielding an ax appeared. I had 2000 attack points, and from what I know of this game, that's really good for a low-level monster.
“Next I'll set a card face down and end my turn,” he said.

I drew my card, then I heard O'Zalia's voice.
Summon the card you just drew, he told me.
Are you insane? I asked him. This card only has 1300 attack points, it's no match for that dragon!
I am insane, actually, He replied. But that's not the point. Just do it. Trust me, I know how to play this game.
“Alright then,” I muttered under my breath. “I summon SlenderProxy Mechanic in attack mode!”
“A SlenderProxy card!?” Gordon said.
“You've seen em before?” I asked.
“Yeah, I have,” he said. “Who gave you that deck?”
It was the same guy who gave him the Burning Shadow Dragon, O'Zalia informed me.
“Jack The Hand,” I said. “I believe you've met him. He gave you that card of yours. He's the reason we have to fight each other.”
“I see,” Gordon said. “So, are you gonna finish your turn or what?”
Activate the effect of SlenderProxy Thug, O'Zalia told me. It can be special summoned from your hand when you normal summon a SlenderProxy card.
“I special summon SlenderProxy Thug to the field!” I said.
Perfect! O'Zalia said. Mechanic is a level 3 tuner monster and Thug is a level 4 non-tuner monster, so by sending them both to your graveyard, you can summon a level 7 synchro monster from your extra deck.
Okay, I replied. I pulled the extra deck from my back pocket and searched through it.
Summon SlenderProxy Ravager, O'Zalia instructed.
“I tune level 3 SlenderProxy Mechanic to my level 4 SlenderProxy Thug to synchro summon the level 7 SlenderProxy Ravager!” I announced.

Okay, I will definitely admit that the summoning was FUCKING AWESOME!!! The Mechanic transformed into 3 glowing rings and the Thug turned into 4 stars, and then the rings surrounded the stars and then there was a column of light and then this really insane looking Slender Proxy with twin kodachis appeared. It had 2100 attack points and 1300 defense.

“Now, I'll have my Ravager attack your Dragon,” I said. The sword wielding proxy charged, but Gordon had a trap ready.
“I activate Dark Armor Of The Underworld!” he said. The dragon was cloaked in what appeared to be armor made out of flames. “I discard Flamvell Grunika and reduce Axe Dragonute's attack power by 500 to prevent him from being destroyed in battle this turn!”
Use Ravager's effect! O'Zalia said.
“SlenderProxy Ravager can attack twice per turn,” I informed Gordon. “Your monster may survive the assault, but you'll still take the damage.”
He was hit with 600 points of damage twice, which brought him down to 6800 life points.
Set the trap card in your hand face down, O'Zalia told me. I did as he instructed.
“I end my turn,” I said.

Gordon drew his card. “I activate the effect of Cthuga Dragon from my hand,” he said. “At the cost of 700 life points, I can special summon it to the field.”
His life points dropped to 6100 and he summoned a dragon made out of fire with 1400 attack points.
“Since I control two monsters, I can tribute summon my Plague Doctor!” he said.
Tribute summon? I thought.
You have to offer tributes to summon high level monsters, O'Zalia explained. Level 7 or higher monsters require you to tribute two monsters you control.
“Come forth, Plague Doctor!” Gordon shouted. The Doctor appeared, with 2200 attack points. I was expecting it to stronger, honestly. “I activate the Plague Doctor's effect,” Gordon said. “Now I can place a Plague Counter on a monster you control!”

A serpent slithered from beneath the Doctors robe and bit the Ravager. The Ravager collapsed, with his skin turning really pale really fast. His attack power dropped to 1800.

“What did you do!?” I demanded.
“It's simply,” Gordon said. “Monsters with Plague Counters lose 300 attack for each one they have. And as an added bonus, Plague Doctor gains 100 attack for every Plague Counter on the field. And if a monster accumulates 3 or more counters, I can destroy that monster at the cost of 500 life points. Now, attack!”
Should I use the trap? I asked O'Zalia.
Not yet, he said. Powering up your monster won't work. His Plague Doctor can only be beaten by other Fears.
So I have to take this attack? I asked.
Don't worry, I think of a way to recover from this, he said.
I don't know much about O'Zalia, but I do know that he's a genius, so I trusted him and allowed my monster to be defeated. My life points went down to 7400.
“I set one card face down and end my turn,” Gordon said.

What's going through his head? I asked.
No idea, O'Zalia replied.
I thought you were a mind reader, I pointed out.
I am, but his mind is protected by the Brute, he said.
The Brute!? I exclaimed (mentally).
Yeah, you can feel its power, can't you? O'Zalia asked.

“You possess the Brute's power, don't you?” I asked.
“Yeah,” he said. “That last clown I beat says I'm destined to resurrect the thing.”
“How dare you speak that way about Saylo!” I shouted, drawing my next card in a very angry fashion.
Listen to me, O'Zalia said. You need to-
Shut up! I barked. I'll win this on my own!
“I activate the Slender Walk spell card!” I said. “I banish two level 4 or higher SlenderProxy cards in my graveyard, my Thug and Ravager, in order to special summon Slender Man from my deck! His effect will be negated this turn, but I can still attack with him!”
Master appeared, and his power resonated. I know I said I would seek freedom, but his power was so great. I that moment, I was his servant again.
“You really think you can defeat me?” Gordon demanded.
“I swear, in the name of my Master, I will destroy you and the power you've been given!” I shouted.
He started laughing. “Destroy my power?” he asked. “Don't be ridiculous! You can't destroy rage! You can't destroy war! You can't destroy the Brute!”
“Well I'm about to try!” I exclaimed.

And, just like in my vision, the two forces charged at each other.
“I activate the trap card Shield Spear!” Gordon exclaimed. “Now my Plague Doctor gains 400 attack and defense, bringing him up to 2600!”
Slender Man only had 2500. Weaker than his Doctor.
“I activate my own trap!” I said. “With the effect of Miracle Locus, you draw a card and Slender Man gains 1000 attack!”
My monster had been powered up. His Plague Doctor was destroyed.
“Due to the effect of Miracle Locus, I take no damage,” Gordon said bitterly.
“I set one card face down and end my turn,” I said.

“Now, I'll go. I activate the spell card Ancient Rules, Now I can special summon a level five or higher normal monster from my hand, so I call forth the Meteor Dragon!”
This was a dragon that seemed to be composed entirely of burning rock, with 1800 attack points and 2000 defense.
“Next, I normal summon my Crawling Chaos Dragon!” he announced.
This one was a really ugly looking dragon that I don't even think I can describe properly. It only had 400 attack points.
“Now, I tune my level 1 Crawling Chaos Dragon to my level 6 Meteor Dragon to synchro summon the Convocation Phoenix!” he said. A giant flaming bird with 2600 attack points appeared. “Phoenix, attack his Slender Man!”
“I activate the trap card Collision Of Fear!” I said. “When two Fear cards battle, I can end the battle phase and reduce both players life points to half their current value!”

The battle ended. My life points were reduced to 3700 and his to 3050.
You're doing great! O'Zalia said. I didn't think you'd be able to do so well on your own.
I'm just going with the flow of things, I said. It's like all of this is just coming naturally to me.

“I set a card face down and end my turn,” Gordon said.

“My turn,” I said. “I activate Slender Man's effect, allowing me to normal summon high level SlenderProxy cards without having to tribute! So I summon SlenderProxy O'Zalia The Illusionist!”
Wait, you're summoning me? O'Zalia asked.
Yes, yes I am, I said.
He appeared, with his snow white hair (I wonder if that's his natural color) and a black shirt displaying the Operator symbol, and a large glave in his hand.
“Next, I activate the spell card Tune Down,” I said. “I select one monster I control and reduce its level by 2. Also, any monster I xyz summon with it gains 600 attack points until the end phase! I'll use this effect on Slender Man!”

In order to xyz summon, I need to take two monsters that have the same level and stack them on top of each other. Then, I take an xyz monster whose level is equal to the rank of those monsters and stack it on top of them. In order to use the xyz monster's effects, I have to send the cards underneath it to the graveyard.

“I overlay these two level six monsters to xyz summon Unleashed O'Zalia!” I said. O'Zalia and Slender man turned into glowing orbs and were pulled into a portal that had appeared. Then my new xyz monster stepped out of the portal. He looked just like the regular O'Zalia, except his eyes were glowing, his hair was flared up as if being blown by wind, and the atmosphere surrounding him seemed to be distorted.

“I know this card,” Gordon said. “It's xyz materials can be used to destroy monsters on the field. Unfortunately for you it won't do you much good. Phoenix can rejuvenate when destroyed by a card effect during the end phase. And if you do destroy it and try to attack, It'll hurt you more than me.”

He still had his face down. I wasn't sure if he was bluffing or not, but I wasn't planning a direct attack anyway.

“Tune Downs effect activates,” I said. “Now, Unleashed O'Zalia has his attack power increased from 2400 to 3000. Also, since SlenderProxy O'Zalia the illusionist was used to xyz summon him, I can have him use any of O'Zalia's powers. So by sending the top two cards of my deck to the graveyard, I can negate the effects of all card you currently control. However, since I'm activating this effect, I can't use any effects this turn that would destroy cards you control.”
“So my monster and my face down card are powerless!?” Gordon said, shocked.
“That's right!” I said. “That means that Convocation Phoenix looses its invincibility! Now, O'Zalia, destroy his monster!”

His phoenix was destroyed and his life points dropped to 2650.

“I end my turn,” I anounced.

He started laughing. “You really think you can beat me?” He asked. “Well, guess what? It's far from over! I draw, then I activate the trap card Reckless Greed! This allows me to draw two cards and then skip my next two draw phases!”
So yeah, he was bluffing earlier. Whatever. As soon as he drew those cards, I felt his aura shift and the power of the Brute filled the air.
“I banish the dark attribute Crawling Chaos Dragon and Axe Dragonute, along with the fire attribute Meteor Dragon and Flamvell Grunika to special summon the Burning Shadow Dragon!”
A giant, smoky dragon appeared, with a high attack power of 3000.
“Next, I activate the spell card Sacrificial Strike,” he said. “By tributing my monster, I can destroy your Unleashed O'Zalia!”
“Destroying your own monster?” I asked.
“That's right!” he said, still laughing. “Now, both our fields are empty. And by banishing Burning Shadow Dragon from my graveyard, I can special summon the Chaotic War Dragon Brute!”

It was here. Staring down hungrily at me. I gulped. It was over. My destiny was coming true. The dragon opened its mouth and was about to start breathing smoke and fire down at me. I was about to give up and accept it when it happened. She appeared. She looked me in the eye briefly, then vanished again. I understood the message. I could still win.

“I activate the effect of the SlenderProxy Guardian in my graveyard!” I said. “This card got sent to the graveyard when I used O'Zalia's effect, and now by paying half my life points and banishing him, I can negate your monsters attack and end the battle phase!”
“You think that means anything?” he demanded. “You don't understand what my monster's really capable of. As long as I control him, you can't skip your battle phase, and all your monsters are forced into attack mode and have to attack him. Don't you see? All you can do is stall. All you've done is bought yourself and extra turn.”
“An extra turn is all I need,” I said to him.
“Oh well,” Gordon said. “If your that confident, lets see what you can do. Since my battle phase is over, the 500 attack bonus for each of my banished cards that the Brute gains is lost until my next turn. Now show me what you're made of.”

I drew. “I'll start by activating the effect of SlenderProxy Agent in my graveyard!” I said. “Like the Guardian, he was sent to the grave when I used O'Zalia's effect, and now I'm gonna put him to use. By banishing him and SlenderProxy O'Zalia the Illusionist, I can special summon Slender Man from my graveyard!”
“That guy again?” Gordon asked. “Please, give me a challenge.”
“I will!” I said. “I normal summon SlenderProxy Hacker to the field!”
I brought out the level 1 tuner to my field. He was weak, but his effect would win my the game.
“Thanks to Hackers ability, I can special summon a level 4 or lower SlenderProxy card in my graveyard,” I said. “So now I special summon SlenderProxy Mechanic!”
“What's the point of summoning all those weak monsters?” Gordon demanded. “They'll all be forced to attack the Brute, and you'll lose!”
“The point is that I now control 2 tuner monsters and a non-tuner monster whose total levels add up to 12!” I said.
“I can't be!” he gasped. “You're going to summon that card!”
“That's right!” I said. “I tune level 1 SlenderProxy Hacker and level 3 SlenderProxy Mechanic to level 8 Slender Man to synchro summon Vision, The Fear Of Destiny!”

There were more light works and stars an stuff, and then she was there. She was ready to fight for me.

“I activate the Vision's effect!” I said. “Now I draw a card for each level 8 or higher monster in play. We each control a level twelve monster, so I get two!”

I drew. I got SlenderProxy Quan The Enhanced and Reload. Quan, I thought to myself. It's been a while. I hope you can hear me, where ever you are right now. Wish me luck.

“I activate Reload!” I said. “By shuffling this card into my deck, I get to draw a new card. And it looks like I lucked out, because I drew Eclipse Of Fear!”
“Oh shit, not that card!” Gordon said.
“I banish any level 7 or higher Fear cards from both of our graveyards to give the Vision 1000 attack points for each of them!” I said. “So I banish Slender Man from my graveyard and the Plague Doctor and Convocation Phoenix from yours. This brings her up to 6300. It's over! Vision, attack!”

The Vision cut the Brute to pieces, then stabbed Gordon in the gut with her claws before vanishing.

I approached him. He gave me a malicious glare before he died. I picked up the Brute's card and burned it along with the Vision's. She helped me a lot, but it needed to be done. I needed to dispose of the remaining fragments of those two Fears.

I think I finally understand it. She showed me my destiny so that I would be able to overcome it.

2 comments:

  1. You did what? YOU BURNED THE BRUTE AND VISION CARDS? There were pieces of those Fears trapped inside! Same with the other Fears, but only a small amount. If the Brute merges with the other Fears...

    You didn't destroy the fragments, you let them go. And if Shadow Dragon Brute mixes up with Hooded Hangman Brute, Mr. Matchsticks Brute, and Smoke Animal Brute as well as Green Destructor Brute(all of which I have files on), the Brute will be released onto the universe!

    Also, I'm back with Kim. Also, so glad you survived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh... So you actually did it.

    Harold was happy to hear that. I think... It's hard to tell how he's feeling...

    Well whatever good job. It will be a shame to kill you.

    ReplyDelete