Thursday, August 16, 2012

Separated

I was traveling with Axiom and Dewitt, looking for more competitors. We found something weird. There was a giant fissure in the ground, and standing across from us was a man carrying a flute. Dewitt readied his gun, but the man raised the flute to his lips and began playing. The music consumed me. I lost myself in it. My feet started moving on their own, toward the man- toward the edge. The others were affected as well.

Then I heard O'Zalia's voice in my head again.

Resist it! If you let his music control you, you'll die!

I managed to slow myself down, but I was still moving closer and closer to the edge., and the others were almost there. I had to act fast. I had to do something to stop the music. So I sped up. I made it to the edge, and using what I still had of my Enhanced strength, I launched myself at the man.

I made it to the other side and threw him off guard. He stopped playing, and the other guys came to their senses. The flute player wasn't too happy about that. He quickly lashed at my with the flute, slicing my chest. That's one sharp-ass instrument me plays. I'm glad it wasn't the one the chick from American Pie used. Ba-Zing! Okay, but seriously, it hurt like hell. I drew the hunting knife Dewitt gave me and fought with him. I eventually got in an upward slash, cutting out one of his eyes. He fled after that.

I turned to face the others. I ran to the edge and tried to jump to the other side... and failed. I started falling, and in a desperate attempt to save myself, I tried plunging the knife into the wall, but it broke and I continued falling. I hit the ground pretty hard. I think my left arm might be broken. I looked up to see that the top of the fissure was at least 50 feet above my head. I'm amazed I survived that.

I found a tunnel a few feet away, and seeing no other way back up to the top, I decided going through it was my best option. I don't know if the others are okay right now, but I'm on my own now. I need to look out for myself. I might be able to find my way back to them, But I shouldn't get my hopes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment