Tuesday, August 21, 2012

One Falls, Another Rises

I found my way out of the tunnels shortly after finding the sword. What I saw was the Piper. He was playing his flute, luring a poor child toward him. As the child grew closer, he kicked his heel against the ground, causing a hidden knife to extend out of the toe end of his shoe, like something you'd see in one of those spy movies. When the kid was close enough, he snap kicked him in the throat with the knife, killing him. But he kept playing, and while I watch, a white substance, like some kind of cross between liquid and smoke, flowed out of the boys mouth and into the end of the flute.

He then noticed me.
"I've been looking for you, Kallaway," he said.
"What did you just do?" I demanded.
"Fun thing about this flute," he explained. "It consumes the soul of anyone who dies near it. Once it reaches a hundred, its full power will be unleashed. That boy was the 99th. You'll be the hundredth!"

He tried hypnotizing me again, but I was on him before he could. I started fighting him, and somehow I managed to win. I punched a hole straight through his chest, and he fell to the ground. But it wasn't over.

The flute rose into the air and started playing music on its own, and the white substance flowed from the flute players mouth and was absorbed by the flute. Then a tornado of white smoke surrounded the flute, and when cleared there was someone else standing there.

It was an odd looking man, wearing a really out of date uniform, with green and yellow stripes. I tried lunging at him, but an invisible force threw me back. The Game Master was standing between us. And there was someone else with him. A man in red, wearing a blindfold and carrying a solid steel bike over his shoulder.

"It's good to see you're alright, Piper," the Game Master said.
"Who is this clown?" the man in red asked, annoyed.
"My name is Dylan Medrius," he replied. "But you may know me better as the Pied Piper of Hamelin."
"I sealed his soul within his flute long ago to preserve his life," The Game Master explained. "And now it's time for you to repay your debt."
"Well, I did kill all those kids when that town refused to pay me, so I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I didn't pay you for your generosity," The Piper replied.  "Now, might I ask who this strapping young lad is?"
"Damien," the man in red said. "You can call me the Bloody Biker."
"The two of you will be working together to eliminate Benjamin Malkator," The Game Master said.
"Alright!" The Biker exclaimed. "I've been waiting for another shot at that bastard!"
"What is his crime, exactly?" The Piper asked.
"His crime is existing," The Game Master said. "He is the progeny of the Vision."
"I thought you and her were allies," The Piper said. "Did something happen?"
"She bred with a mortal," The Game Master said. "So I ended her life, and have since been eliminating what's left of her."
"Ooooo, jealous are we?" The Piper chuckled.
"SILENCE!" The Game Master barked. "Return to the human world now and hunt him down."

The Biker opened a portal into some kind of red world, and they both left through it. Then the Game Master approached me. I was still lying down on my back from when I got thrown. He stood over me.

"What can you tell me of the Vision?" he asked.
"I don't know," I said. "She just appeared to me a couple times, showed me some weird visions, and left."
"And what of O'Zalia?" the Game Master asked.
"I can't tell you much," I said. "He claims the Master betrayed him, and he's sort of just been encouraging me to keep going."
"So he and the Stranger are enemies now?" the Game Master said thoughtfully. "Interesting. I could use this to my advantage."

Then he was gone. I started typing all this immediately after, while it's fresh in my head. I see someone coming. I don't know if I can put up a fight. This could be it.

Or could it? I see her now. I think she's trying to tell me... that I'll make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment