Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Weapons I Need

I saw Jack. He appeared before me in a new body. He wore a black trench coat,had long black hair and a goatee, and was wearing a pair of shades. He looked different then the last time I saw him, but his sun burnt hand gave him away.

"Nice finally meet you Kallaway," he said.
"So this I've hearing about you conspiring to kill me?" I asked.
"It's more complicated than you think," he said. "You see, The obstacles I've been sending your way have a purpose you haven't figured out yet. Unfortunately, things didn't work out well with the Piper, and the Hanging Man is a little 'tied up' with some other competitors. However, I still have one more trick up my sleeve."
"And what would that be?" I asked
"Gordon Tayler," he said. "The duelist. The man who killed Saylo. The perfect opponent for a man like you."
"And what's that supposed to mean?" I demanded.
"Saylo was nothing but kind to you," Jack said. "He saved you, and even extended your life. And what did Gordon do? He killed him in cold blood! And I know you. You're an agent of punishment! You agree to kill on your Master's behalf because you feel that they deserve it!"
"You don't know a God damn thing about me!" I shouted at him."
"The boy you took that lap top from?" Jack began. "Molested the girl he was paid to baby sit. Three years ago, the woman who you dropped off that cliff? She murdered her newborn child so that her boyfriend wouldn't find out! You knew of those sins, which is exactly why you took their lives."
"Shut up!" I ordered.
"But there's more, isn't there?" he asked. "The woman at the orphanage, who beat you and lock you up along with the other orphans? Your father, who killed your mother in a bout of drunken rage?"
"I said shut up!" I barked at him.
"And what about four months age?" he said. "The man who drove you to become an Enhanced?"

That was the last straw. I drew my sword and chopped him in the chest. He was sent flying and crashed into a Bishop building nearby. He got up, and walked back up to me, rubbing his chest where the sword had hit.

"That was rather rude," he said. "As I was saying, Gordon has wronged you. Does he not deserve your wrath?"
"I intend to kill him," I said. "But I don't need a deceitful asshole like you getting involved."
"Oh, but you see, you can't fight him as you are now," he said. "You see, to kill Gordon, you must beat him at his own game!"

That's when he gave it to me. a device just like the ones that Gordon and Saylo wore. I also contained a deck of cards.

"You see, I know about the Vision card you acquired," Jack said. "But you can't play a game like this with only one card, so I decided to give you a fighting chance. Go find Gordon, and give him the fight of his life! I wanna see you two duke it out, using your cards to their full potential until one of you is six feet under!"
"I don't even know how to play this damn game!" I said.
"Then I suggest you learn," He said, before disappearing.

After he left, I pulled the Vision's card out of my pocket and looked at it. I was hoping she might offer me some guidance or something. What she showed me was far from what I expected.

I saw myself and Gordon facing off with each other. The giant dragon was there, towering over the towers themselves. It opened its mouth, shooting a stream of fire and smoke down at me. I saw my own body being burnt to a crisp and incinerated.

It's just like Saylo said. If I fight Gordon, I'm destined to die.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah your buddy Harold asked me to deliver a message to you:

    "The closest thing I have to a friend died trying to stop The Brute's return in the past.

    If you fail to kill this new servant of The Brute I will do it myself.

    I will not allow my friend's sacrifice to be in vain."

    So yeah...

    ~Genome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell him I'll give it my all. Currently googling the rules to this game and so far it makes absolutely no sense, but hopefully I'll be able to learn everything I need before I meet him.

      Delete
    2. Apparently... For some strange reason, he trusts you will succeed.

      Personally though doesn't seem very promising.

      Delete